2020 Property Tax Rates and Levies for Cities in Van Zandt County
The County Information Program, Texas Association of Counties
The data in this report was obtained from the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts.
2020 City Property Tax Rates and Levies
- An * by the taxing unit name in the spreadsheet indicates that the appraisal district did not respond to the survey conducted by the Comptroller's Property Tax Assistance Division.
- 'n/a' - Data not available.
- Rates are per $100.00 of taxable value.
- Cities in Potter and Randall Counties are reported together on the Potter County page.
- City ID
- Identification number used by the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts to track local entities that levy a proprty tax.
- Total Market Value
- Total market value before 10% cap on homestead appraisals. Includes the value of all totally exempt properties.
- Total Taxable Value
- Total taxable value for city tax purposes.
- No-New-Revenue Tax Rate
- Used for comparison only, shows the tax rate that, if adopted, would bring in a tax levy approximately equsl to the prior year. Based on the values of proprtis that existed in the prior year as well as in the current tax year. Adjusted for changing debt obligations.
- Voter-Approval Tax Rate
- The calculated maximum rate allowed by law without voter approval.
- M&O Rate
- City tax rate for the Maintenance and Operations portion of the total tax rate.
- I&S Rate
- City tax rate for the Interest and Sinking portion of the total tax rate.
- Total Tax Rate
- Total city tax rate. It includes the M&O Rate and the I&S Rate.
- Actual total city tax levy.